If you are a healthcare or a medical professional, then you usually have your very own Littmann Master Classic II or 3M Littmann Classic II SE Stethoscope since these are the best stethoscopes that Littmann offers. These stethoscopes are made to last but you still have to care for it to ensure that it is working just fine. Here are a few of the things that you need to keep in mind when taking care of your stethoscopes:
- Since you usually use it, make sure the earpiece is correctly cleaned so you would not have any microbial infection. Try removing the earpiece so you would be able to meticulously and correctly clean it. You’ll find some solutions that can be used to manage it or you may use alcohol to make certain that it is at all times clean and free from dirt.
- You may also want to make sure that you should clean the diaphragm of your stethoscope if you ever use it on one particular patient. Try using alcohol to make sure that you won’t get to move bacteria from individual to individual.
- The tubing can even be cleansed with a moistened material that is immersed in 70% isopropyl alcohol. Just be sure you get it dry to be sure that it wouldn’t crack. You may even try to shop for a vinyl protector just to make sure that your stethoscope would last for many years.
- To ensure that your stethoscope wouldn’t face any problems in any way, what you need to do is to make sure you don’t soak your stethoscope in any kind of liquid and not to subject it to sterilization. If you do this, you will undoubtedly wreck your stethoscope which is definitely an awful idea since stethoscopes are a bit expensive these days.
- Make sure that you do not try to cover the top of the diaphragm to make certain that it is clean at all times. Remember this since doing this would mean that you may be changing the frequency characteristics of the stethoscope. If you do not want your diagnosis to bring about the wrong or limited diagnosis, then you should avoid doing such thing.
Stethoscopes are definitely well worth the cost and if you want to make sure that you invest in the best stethoscopes, then it is important to invest in Littmann Master Classic II or 3M Littmann Classic II SE Stethoscope. Those are the stethoscopes that would absolutely aid you in terms of administering your patients with the most precise analysis. Furthermore, you need to consider the tips provided on this page to be sure that you won’t have to invest much in having your stethoscope repaired or being forced to obtain a another one.