I am taking zestril 20 mg for high blood pressure ?
Is it good medicine ? is it safe ? what is the differnt between zestril and lisinopril ? is 20 mg high dose ? wht is the the first line drug for high blood pressure ? does zestril protect ur kidnys ?
Answer by megawhizz
* Zestril is an excellent medication for blood pressure control, especially if you have other co-existing diseases (diabetes, heart failure, heart attacks or kidney problems).
* Like every medication, it has side effects, and you should consult with your doctor about this.
* Zestril is a brand name for Lisinopril, there is absolutely no difference between the two.
* 20 mg is an intermediate dose for Lisinopril, though the most commonly used dose is 40mg per day. Some people are also on 40 mg twice a day
* The “first line” drug for high blood pressure depends on what other conditions you have. Zestril can be considered first line in certain conditions (see above). Consult with your doctor.
* Zestril does protect your kidneys from further damage if you have some evidence of diabetes-related kidney disease. Zestril can also cause some kidney damage, though this is generally temporary. Talk to your doctor.