A recent biopsy of a lump I had discovered in my breast revealed that I have fibrocystic breast condition. I have been prescribed danazol by my doctor, but have read that danazol has too many side effects. Is there no other cure for this condition? Can I avoid the drug altogether since I am not experiencing any pain in my breasts?
Answer by Tarkarri
This is something you should discuss with your treating Dr.
They may be able to suggest an alternative and are in a position to say if you can go without.
Dr’s take all the information we provide when prescribing medications, if you emphasize your concern with side effects, this will be put into the equation when deciding what drugs, if any ,should be prescribed.
I have my Dr so well trained that she will sometimes reach for the prescription pad then pause and ask if I will take a certain medication if she prescribes it. I always answer yes, but only if you are sure I need it. She is well aware of my loathing to take anything not absolutely essential.
Answer by Jennifer
TRADITIONAL FIBROCYSTIC BREAST DISEASE TREATMENTS
1. most often, self-care is recommended
2. diuretics for severe cases
3. drug treatments such as Parlodel (bromocriptine) and Danocrine (danazol) for severe breast pain–these drugs often cause serious side effects such as weight gain, amenorrhea, masculizaiton, fertility problems, nausea, dizziness,
4. over-the counter pain relievers
5. surgical removal of lumps, in most severe cases of benign fibrocystic breast disease
ALTERNATIVE FIBROCYSTIC BREAST DISEASE TREATMENTS
1. completely eliminate caffeine from your diet
2. reducing salt in diet
3. low fat diets with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and grains
4.decrease dietary and pharmaceutical sources of estrogen
5. natural progesterone available over-the-counter or by prescribed compounded USP pharmaceutical grade progesterone often results in normal breast tissue after three to four months of 15 to 20 mg per day from ovulation until a day or two before your menstrual cycle begins
6. vitamin E–400 IU to 600 IU daily
7. also vitamin B6, a B Complex Vitamin, and magnesium
8. evening primrose
9. applying heat
10. wear a well fitted bra that supplies good support
Answer by Ussi
You may visit two doctors and hear what they say, this video could help one day
super cure for cancer